Andrew Granger & Co explains why you should sell your home before you buy
Wed 20 October 2021
In an ever-competitive property market, where a current shortage of homes means that you’re up against more buyers than usual – how do you avoid missing out on ‘that property’!?
If you need to sell your property in order to move, Andrew Granger & Co give advice on why you should put your house on the market before you start looking for your next home.
- Particularly in a busy housing market estate agents and sellers will favour buyers that have either sold their homes or have accepted an offer on the sale of their home. Some estate agents may not even allow viewings unless you’ve accepted an offer on the sale of your own property.
- Any offer you make on a property will be taken far more seriously if you have already sold or accepted an offer on your own home.
- By having already sold you can then avoid rushing and potentially having to accept a lower offer on your own property - if you don’t want to miss out on ‘the one’.
- Having already sold or accepted an offer on your own property sets the budget for your next property and it’s much better to be going into looking for a house knowing this.
- Having already sold or accepted an offer on your property a much stronger position for a buyer to be in – you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Andrew Granger & Co has knowledgeable sales teams offering property and sales advice from their offices across Leicestershire in Market Harborough, Leicester, and Loughborough. You can find out more and get in touch here: https://www.andrewgranger.co.uk/