Keep up to date with the latest Andrew Granger & Co news
Mon 4 May 2020
You may be looking for things to do to pass the time during home isolation or you may simply want to improve your home for you to enjoy and keep on top of maintenance, or you may plan to sell your home in the near future – either way we think our top home improvement tips will help and give you some inspiration.
All too often the first impression factor is forgotten in favour of spending money on the home interior. Our ideas just involve a bit of time, elbow grease and use equipment that we generally already have at home.
· Weed, trim, prune and tidy your garden or outdoor space, including paths, at both the front and back of your home
· Cut the edging and weed, seed and feed your lawn
· Remove dead plants and fill borders and flower beds by splitting already established plants and shrubs from your garden
· Brush and clean paths and doorsteps – you will be amazed what a difference this can make
· Clean and/or paint fencing and gates – regularly treating wooden fencing also helps to preserve it
· Clean and/or paint garden furniture – this will also make it last longer and save buying on buying a new set
· Clean and/or freshen up paint work to exterior windows, doors and doorframes including garage doors
· Clean out guttering - in doing so you will also prevent serious leaks and damp issues
· Jet wash the patio – if you do not have one or cannot borrow one, you will be amazed at how much a brush and a wash with hot soapy water and a broom can make a difference
· Freshen up paint work indoors – we all tend to keep our left-over paint
· Clear out and re-organise that ‘cupboard of doom’ that we all have!
· Clear and re-organise your wardrobe - you will find things that you had forgotten, things that you can sell and things to go to charity later
· Clean and re-organise your kitchen cupboards - we all have items that we do not need or use, and charity shops can benefit from these and you will feel so much better all round
· Mend all those little things you have been leaving – such as that hem on a curtain or oil the squeaky gate
· Wash pet bedding and furniture your pets may sleep on and freshen carpets with odour neutraliser
Andrew Granger & Co’s sales teams are happy to utilise their years of experience and are on hand to offer advice on how best to prepare your house for sale or improve its value. Please get in touch with them on:
Leicester – 0116 242 9922
Loughborough – 01509 235534
Market Harborough – 01858 431315