Keep up to date with the latest Andrew Granger & Co news
Fri 18 December 2020
It may be obvious to some but here’s why at Andrew Granger & Co we feel it’s vital to have professional photography taken of our properties….
· It’s often said that a picture can speak a thousand words, and a stunning photograph will certainly grab someone’s attention. A bad, poorly lit photograph taken at the worst angle will most likely do exactly the opposite. Our job as an estate agent is to make your property stand out against other properties. Buyers are motivated by great photographs and then more likely to view the property properly if the photos are impressive.
· The main photograph is likely to be the first visual anyone has of the property. So, it’s essential to make sure it gives as many clues as possible as to the size, surroundings, and character of the building. And quite often we will take elevated photographs of the front of the property to show surrounding views.
· Almost all prospective buyers shop online now, and a high-quality photo of the property is essential to encourage people to click through to more information with a further well-balanced selection of photographs utilising the best angles, colour and lighting to enthuse home buyers to look seriously through the sales brochures, which in turn will hopefully lead to a viewing.
· Simply, good quality photographs stand out a mile and gives our clients the best chance of selling their properties for the highest price possible.
· One of the photographers our offices use is Jerry Wesley an award-winning photographer who specialises in property and architecture and has great enthusiasm and expertise to highlight a properties’ features. Jerry may recommend moving furniture around or removing unnecessary items to enhance the photographs and, in these instances, we must trust the professional’s judgement.
· We feel that it’s important for all of our properties to also have a short photo video to give viewers a quick overview of the main features of a home. We have found that long videos of a property are rarely looked at in full, as people just don’t have the time in today’s way of life. Aerial photography is also a must for those properties with exceptional surroundings.
· Kitchens and bathrooms are two of the most influential areas in a property. Professional photography will highlight the features of expensive refurbishments, and it’s a great opportunity to show off those granite worktops, breakfast bars, stylish tiles and feature ovens and fittings that buyers aspire to own.
· Preparation prior to photographs being taken is essential, such as tidying the property exterior and frontage, getting rid of clutter, removing personal items and photographs, dog beds, etc. Make sure the internal lights are working and utilise table lamps in corners of rooms to brighten the photograph and to make a room look welcoming. Have the grass cut, sweep away the leaves and lay out garden furniture on patios to give life to the photographs.
Andrew Granger & Co has offices across Leicestershire in Leicester, Loughborough and Market Harborough. You can find out more at www.andrewgranger.co.uk or please call our sales teams on Leicester – 0116 242 9922, Loughborough – 01509 235534 or Market Harborough – 01858 431315.