Keep up to date with the latest Andrew Granger & Co news
Fri 4 November 2022
It may be an industry that you know nothing about, or that you think you know about, but what we have to say may surprise you as to why you should consider a career in property lettings.
1. While there’s a lot of job uncertainty for a large proportion of people at the moment, the lettings industry is booming and has grown year on year regardless of what is happening in the wider property market.
2. This results in greater opportunities for promotion and increased staffing as letting teams grow.
3. Due to the ever-increasing legislation surrounding property letting staff will benefit from training and good employers will cover the cost of both training and the exams.
4. Property lettings is a hugely varied area of work with the opportunity of meeting lots of people and working with a lot of clients, and of course, visiting many properties.
5. It’s also a very busy and challenging work environment where no two days will ever be the same - it’s therefore never dull.
6. There are many roles within a lettings team including rental valuations, property inspections, property inventories, maintenance management, administering applications, checking references, conducting property viewings, renewals administration and many more tasks.
7. The ‘front office’ role will suit individuals who like to build relationships, the ‘back office’ roles of inspections, maintenance reporting and renewing of tenancies etc will suit individuals who prefer a more admin-based position – offering something to suit everyone.
8. Teamwork is a strong element of the lettings industry with everybody having a role to play from the start of the tenancy until the final inspection.
9. The landlord connection is long term, and most people who work in property lettings enjoy the strong relationships built up over many years.
10. A career in lettings is a chance to explore the opportunities of working within the property world where you will be exposed to every sort of property from studio apartments to large country homes.
11. It’s a demanding role and relentless in many ways, but it is very rewarding.
12. If you’re good with people, customer service focussed, very organised with great attention to detail, take a pride in your work and have a good sense of humour, a career in property lettings could be ideal for you.
Andrew Granger & Co has over 30 years’ experience in property lettings with its award-winning lettings teams based across Leicestershire in offices in Market Harborough, Leicester, and Loughborough. If you would like help or advice in letting a property, or are considering a career in lettings, you can find out more at www.andrewgranger.co.uk.